Art Studio Spin?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Sep 10 06:32:18 UTC 2007

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

> * Some (quite messy) notes towards a package manifeset:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ArtTeamProjects/FedoraArtStudio/PackageManifest

Great.

> * I looked for potential fonts we could include. There are LOTS. Some
> are pretty neat. Most are not already in Fedora so we'd have to get them
> packaged up: http://mihmo.livejournal.com/45152.html

This font collection is wonderful. I think the spin should include as
many fonts as possible.
Do not look at their unicode coverage, the  bulk of the fonts fill not
be used for GUIs or documents, but for titles, banners and so.

> * Michael and I looked through a bunch of clip art from openclipart.org
> and picked out some we thought might be good to include (feel free to
> pull stuff out you don't think is good enough or push stuff in you think
> is great for inclusion):
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ArtTeamProjects/FedoraArtStudio/Clipart

I think here the most important thing is the inclusion criteria. IMO you
should *not* select the best looking clipart images but instead the most
useful, the purpose of clipart is not to look good by itself but to be
an useful building block.

> * I went through a ton of Gimp and Photoshop (easily converted to gbr)
> brushes looking for Creative Commons Attribution and Attribution Share
> Alike brushes. The full list of what I found thus far is here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ArtTeamProjects/FedoraArtStudio/Brushes

Note that Gimp 2.4 can use Adobe Photoshop V2 brushes (.abr) so
conversion may not be needed.