Art Studio Strategy (was Re: Art Studio Spin?)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 13 09:40:34 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 23:50 +0200, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Question:
>>
>> - Should we try to get something out as quickly as possible? Our first
>> version will built strictly from components already in Fedora? If we
>> took this approach would it be too late to make the F8 launch? (I
>> imagine not?)
>>
> My opinion: not. I think its better to release late but high quality
> spin then early half made one.

That really depends on whether there is a lot more packages needed that
are currently missing in Fedora and whether you message it as a
experimental spin or a more complete one.

I am of the opinion that we could get a early spin out by Fedora 8 and
message it explicitly as a experimental spin with the intention to have
a more complete spin by the next release or somewhere in between.

Rahul