Fedora 8 Test 2 Icon Review

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sat Sep 15 04:40:22 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I installed Fedora 8 Test 2 last night, and after updating it I took
some time tonight to take screenshots of the application menus to show
what the icons look like in a default installation of Fedora (well
except I installed Inkscape, sorry, I couldn't live without it for that
long. :) )

Overall, the icon coverage looks pretty good and the icons for the most
part are pretty consistent, but there are still some icons that have
problems. They either look fuzzy, or do not fit the icon theme / don't
look polished. Some of this may be due to technical or packaging issues
I think? I noticed the puplet icon gets less blurry if you increase the
size of GNOME panel. But some issues may be due to there not being an
appropriate icon available or the upstream icon not being that great.

Is it worth it to take some time to make sure the initial set of icons
in the menus for a default Fedora install all have perfect and
consistent coverage? Is it possible to address all these issues?

Here's my 'hit list' of icons to address with screenshots, if so:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/IconReview_Fedora_8_Icon_Review