Echo bad

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Sun Sep 16 07:26:30 UTC 2007

Greeting Jakub,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about Echo icons.

Quoting Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <liviopl.pl at gmail.com>:

> Look at icon with tool - orange and kinda dark gray...

I have this tool in orange and dark grey. =)

> 32x32 or 48x48 icons are looking really strange in Nautilus, especially
> folders (so ugly, not shiny).
>
> In my opinion isometric perspective is really bad idea.

That is relative, not all folders are shiny. Martin perfectly gave the reason
about isometric perspective and the avoidance of shininess for all icons which
are overused.

> > > Look at Tango! guidelines - well polished.

We are people who learned about mistakes. It is our very first time we work on
icon themes.

> > I know, and we are doing our best to create as good guidelines as
> > these.
>
> GNOME uses Tango-ish icons, some programs like Pidgin are shipped with
> same style icons.

Pidgin main icon is flat and definitevely not Tango style. Echo is designed with
isometric perspective aiming to be the natural successor of the defunct
Bluecurve icons.

Starting this week, I will resume echo development. Summer class is over and I
have two weeks of break.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor