Fedora 8 Test 2 Desktop Live Echo Icon Review

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Sun Sep 16 18:30:25 UTC 2007

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> There are many problems with Echo - icons are still lookin incosistent
> and so... Fancy.
>
> In my opinion it is better to use Mist iconset even in F9, F10 etc.
>
> Echo on this stage aren't ready.  Also, Echo will be messing around
> with style. GNOME uses beautiful, bright, contrasted icons which are
> perfect for bright and dark GTK themes - Echo icons are looking ugly on
> buttons and other widgets.
>
> Sorry for my opinion, I just hate Echo from its beginning :| .

Hi Jakub!
(I'm Andreas, a GNOME upstream artist)
Ouch, Hate is quite a strong word and certainly something I would avoid
to use for a graphical interface, even though you might have some
problems with it. I'm sure Martin, Luya and others are doing their best
to do a good job with the set.
Full icon coverage across a operating system is quite a task, or, heck,
it's a insanely massive amount of work. I understand your concerns about
the final look of the Fedora 9 system, but we're not there yet and I'm
certain the Fedora art team can make a wise decision where to go when
the time comes.
Always love, never hate.
- Andreas