Positive review of Fedora 8 test 2 look and feel (including Nodoka)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 17 11:30:03 UTC 2007

Hi

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/09/fedora-8-test-2-nano-review.html

"The look and feel of the entire graphic desktop has been advanced and
polished quite a bit from earlier versions, including Fedora 7. The
overall color theme is still blue, but the controls and window border
use Nodoka, a theme I've never heard of before. Everything has a clean,
muted pastel look about it. Somebody finally got the good idea to make
the window controls (minimize, maximize, and close) cover the entire
bar. It Just Looks Right. The mix of tans, off-whites and whites are
done very well. The complete effect is one of restrained quality. F8's
look and feel contrasts severely with Vista's Aero (and for that matter
Windows XP), with F8's standing head-and-shoulders above anything from
Microsoft. The only desktop that compares with equal high quality is
Apple's. But then again, that's just my opinion.

I would even go so far as to say that F8's look is quite superior to
Ubuntu's, either 7.04 or the upcoming 7.10 version. Ubuntu's stock
look-and-feel is beginning to look quite dated, and the brown-based
theme has not aged well either.
"

Rahul