Fedora 8 Test 2 Icon Review

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 17 17:53:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 18:51 +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 12:46 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>

> > Can you add
> >
> > gtk-icon-sizes="panel-foobar=24,24:panel-menu=24,24"
> >
> > to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and try again ? Does it look better ?
> >

> So, this helps for apps that only install a 48x48 app icon,
> like gthumb, but it makes the situation worse for the places
> where we actually have a 22x22 icon, like file-roller, or the
> various preference menus. The 22 vs 24 problem should really
> be fixed, one way or the other.

In tango icon theme guidelines [1] it is mentioned that the 22x22 size
is preferred and gnome also seems to be heading this way, so I'd be
inclined to solve it this way (i.e. creating 22x22 icons where missing).

Also, during the review I have done for Echo icons, I have found that
some applications do not install their icons into the hicolor icon theme
while they are recommended to do so [2].

Martin