Infinity GDM mockup

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 04:57:34 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Here is a screenshot that shows some problems with the user list. If you
> have enough users to make the list scroll, you notice that a) the
> theming of the scrollbar is not ideal and b) the last item "leaks" out.
> It actually overlaps the "wrong password" messaged that may appear below
> the list.

Thanks Matthias and everyone else for the quick and detailed feedback!
I've got a new version that hopefully is better:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/infinity/FedoraInfinityGDM.2.tar.gz

Here's what I tried to address:

* scrollbar fits within boundaries of userlist even for large numbers of
users
* users in user list do not leak outside of the userlist box.
* pam-message added to theme, was previously missing.
* pam-error message text made larger and centered at bottom of dialog.
userlist no longer overlaps it.
* timed-login and caps-lock messages shifted for expansion space for
potentially long pam-messages; all placed neatly underneath login box
and shold co-exist nicely
* updated screenshot that really reflects the actual look of the theme
(good catch Nicu!)
* all references to Bitstream Vera replaced with references to DejaVu
(good catch Nicolas!)

I attached a screenshot of a full user list too for reference. I can't
think of any other issues that might crop up - it seems all of the text
has sufficient space for expansion to account for translations and such.
If you see anything else do let me know.