small nodoka fixups

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Thu Sep 20 14:39:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 16:00 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 15:50 +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > I think it would be nice to make nodoka support the symbolic tooltip
> > color setting that has appeared in the appearance capplet in 2.20.
> >
> It would, if it actually worked. I run rawhide and noticed this feature
> quite a long ago and added it to my local copy of the nodoka gtkrc file,
> but we do not support text colour yet in the nodoka engine and so I
> didn't pushed it to upstream yet. But with some updates this feature got
> broken and it is disabled even for Clearlooks. Don't know why...
>
> Martin

Now that I think about it a little more... There isn't any text drawing
functions in nodoka engine, so I assume that the text is drawn by gtk
itself, am I right? Than it must be a gtk bug that the text colour is
always black in tooltips. Or anywhere else?

Definitely not Nodoka problem, just checked Clearlooks (changed the
tooltips fg colour setting to red) and it has the same issue.

So there are currently two issues making the implementing not much
valuable - the colours cannot be selected in the appearances dialog even
if gtkrc supports it and the tooltips text colour is always black.