[Echo] from which icon set derive missing icons?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 28 21:37:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 20:12 +0200, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quoting Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at seznam.cz>:
>
>  We should focus on deriving from Gnome icons because they are more modern than
> the legacy Bluecurve. The odd is the latter has more icons than either Gnome or
> Tango. Lets focus on these 22x22 icons (I suspect the size was intentionaly use
> for the legacy KDE, KDE will use 24x24 AFAIK so we should make them too).

+1 for that, and for the 22x22 vs. 24x24 I think it is good to follow
the tango guidelines in that - meaning create a 22x22 icon and then add
a 1px wide transparent border which makes 24x24 size. This can be even
automated and require less work from artist (so that (s)he can do only
16x16, 22x22, 32x32 and 48x48) and looks good as well.