Lighter Nodoka design

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 29 10:39:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 11:39 +0200, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one question/proposal.
> Why Nodoka has so bright colors (I mean very light blue)?
>
> Little bit darker blue and beige will make Nodoka integrate better with
> Infinity theme.

I plan to provide different colour schemes in one of the next releases
and two or three more metacity stylings (the buttons will look
different, but still will have nodoka gradients), until then you can
change the colours in the appearances caplet to your liking (and submit
them to me if you'd like to have them included). ;-)

> By the way, there's one bug against Nodoka Metacity theme - inactive
> windows buttons in prelight state have same gradient as active windows
> buttons.

This is intentional, because if you push the button it will do the
action even on unfocused window - if they had unfocused gradients it
will be confusing.

> BTW2: do we need gradients on M-city buttons? Gilouche (SUSE's theme)
> had them not and it looked quite good [1] :) .

Yes, otherwise it would not be Nodoka (nodoka is based on a special type
of gradients) ;-)

> BTW3: Did you see how well looks SUSE with GNOME'styled icons [2] ?

Heh, this should be rather in a separate thread... Yep, they look quite
good, one thing I don't like is the gnome folder, Mist does nice job in
fixing this, still I like Echo more (and Tango less). I think it's now
more or less about alternative - we have gnome/tango icons with subtle
colours and simple perspectives, then realistically looking shiny Oxygen
(I am not very sure how good are these at smaller sizes) and we are
trying to create something in-between - something with a touch of
reality, vibrant colours, subtle gradients and isometric perspective,
while retaining some compatibility with Gnome (in terms that they can
work quite nice together).

Martin