Fedora 10 theme ideas

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 08:44:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 03:23 -0500, Michael Beckwith wrote:
> One thing I'm thinking of when I view these steampunk graphics, is
> that it may take a lot of attention to detail to pull this off.
> However, I'm new to this whole concept of steampunk so I may be wrong
> as well.

Me too, but the pictures posted before by Mo and others inspired me to
the idea of using gears as the main theme. Originally I thought it would
look interesting if we did something like ink-painted gears on papyrus
(or old looking paper), something that might look ancient but
time-resisting. However, quick search on flickr showed some other
interesting concepts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_physics/218544601/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/noxdineen/221604402/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9335174@N02/1480378673/