[Fwd: Re: gdm login page look&feel]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Apr 3 10:52:02 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:

> We have nothing to do with it now... The new GDM AFAIK does not support
> skins, but is plain gtk plus some gnome bits like wallpaper...
>
> So these concerns should be discussed rather with gdm devs than fedora
> art people...

There are a couple of things we can theme:
- it has a logo, currently the Fedora logo is used (I believe the
upstream vanilla version uses a computer icon);
- the GTK+ window can be customized with Glade, just like the themed
screen unlocker.

AFAIK, the GDM screen is expected to make use of a window compositor, so
  it may get transparency and shadows by default, but this is still work
in progress.