Nodoka suggestions for Fedora 10

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:54:56 UTC 2008

2008/4/3, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com>:
> 2008/4/3, Gian Paolo Mureddu <gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx>:
>
> > Mark escribió:
>  >
>  > > Hey,
>  > >
>  > > i'm having some suggestions for nodoka in the next fedora version.
>  > > My general idea for fedora is to have the themes polished in F10.
>  > > Nodoka can do a lot to get that done.
>  > >
>  > > Oke for the first one.
>  > > When you hover a button or anything that's nodoka controlled like the
>  > > buttons: minimize, maximize and close. When you put your mouse on one
>  > > of them the image behind it is instantly changing to the hover state
>  > > (or something like it). My suggestion would be to make a effect of it.
>  > > Fade out the old one and simultaneously fade in the new image so that
>  > > you get some nice effects there. Also do this for every other thing
>  > > that has another state when it's selected, hovered etc.
>  > >
>  > >
>  >
>  >  That is very interesting. One thing I've noticed, though, and since
>  > Metacity allows for that, is that if you change the order of the buttons
>  > (using gconf-editor), the properties of the buttons will be inherited by the
>  > new elements in their place. For example, I like to have the close and
>  > minimize buttons together at the upper left corner of the window, and the
>  > menu and maximize buttons on the right corner. The problem with the current
>  > implementation of the theme is that it "locks" the buttons to the right
>  > corner of the window and even though all effects are "inherited" when they
>  > are changed, the "highlight" around the buttons persists and is locked to
>  > the buttons on the right hand corner[1]. Maybe the first step would be to
>  > lock the highlight border to the properties of the buttons instead of a
>  > location in the title bar? (is this even possible in GTK? [or any other
>  > toolkit for that matter?])
>  >
>  >
>  > > The second one is something i've requested before but never got in.
>  > > Theme the taskbar! fully theme it, not just change the colour but
>  > > really give it a theme. As far as i know this has never been done in
>  > > fedora. I will try to make a mockup of it sometime soon.
>  > >
>  > >
>  >
>  >  This sounds VERY interesting indeed... It also opens all sorts of
>  > possibilities for themes... Like having both the lower and upper panes have
>  > different colors/combinations/highlights, etc. Make launcher icons stand out
>  > as buttons, give a glossy look (or not), etc. And have the lower panel (with
>  > the "Show Desktop", "Window List" "Recycle Bin" and "Desktop Pager" applets)
> [...]

Found it back in the archives (MageFedoraTheme)
this one gives a nice impression on what i thought at that time would
look nice for notification balloons.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/1475/kdebattlewip7ke4.png

But NOW.. no. that's not really what i would like to see now in
fedora.. now i would go for smaller color changes and probably less
rounded (rounded but just a few pixels).. i can do it so much better
now..

stay tuned for updates on this with the taskbar + the tooltips