Nodoka suggestions for Fedora 10

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 11:52:47 UTC 2008

2008/4/4, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>:
> Mark wrote:
>
> > Oke i made a mockup on the ones i intended to make.
> > I've only made the bottom bar and the tooltip + a suggestion on the
> animation.
> >
> > Here it is:
> >
> http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6213/fedora10mockupdi2.png
> >

>  But this is not how the balloons will look in the end, right? They will not
> be that plain, will have an icon and a close button.
>  And probably the text should be padded a bit, not so close to the borders.

Your right!
I forgot the close button but just didn't include the image in. As for
the padding.. i think it should stay that "close" on the top.. the
left is obviously gonna be moved about 100 pixels or so to make place
for the image. I will see what i can do with it in the next mockup.

I left out the round timer thing on purpose because i think those
"balloons" should just vanish after a few (3 to 5) seconds. adding in
a timer is nice but not needed and makes it look strange. They only
need to go when the user isn't doing anything on the balloon, like
holding the mouse on it, everything else == vanishing balloon.

2008/4/3, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>:
> Dnia 2008-04-03, czw o godzinie 20:08 +0200, Mark pisze:
>
> The "tooltip" is drawn by notification-daemon. You can easily create a
>  theme and include it. Then you need to edit notification-daemon's gconf
>  schemes to use that theme by default. Ubuntu did this. They include
>  yellow bubble.

o it's EASY.. than you sure don't mind making a start for me :)
If you can't do it then don say it's easy.
As far as i know it (when i last looked at it) it was not a gtkrc file
that you edit.. it was actually changing the source theme files to
suit your needs. those are written in C and i don't know that yet! And
even if i did then i still need to know how to work with GTK.

Anyone that's willing to make a start with this.. go ahead!