Fedora Gears Theme [was: Re: Fedora 10 theme ideas]

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:11:41 UTC 2008

2008/4/4, Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 13:08 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>  > Martin Sourada wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Me too, but the pictures posted before by Mo and others inspired me to
>  > > the idea of using gears as the main theme. Originally I thought it would
>  > > look interesting if we did something like ink-painted gears on papyrus
>  > > (or old looking paper), something that might look ancient but
>  > > time-resisting. However, quick search on flickr showed some other
>  > > interesting concepts:
>  >
>  > I played a bit with gears. Attached are two completely different
>  > implementations (there is still *a lot* of room remaining for further
>  > polishing) of the gear concept (loseless versions, sources available at
>  > http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/artwork/splash/).
>  >

>  Great! The first one is more or less what I had in mind, but the second
>  one is pretty too!
>
>  Perhaps its about the right time to propose the Fedora Gears idea
>  officially?
>
>  Martin

Hey,

I like the idea as images but i doubt that it will fit a desktop
theme.. (liked the neon suggestion more) just imagine if you have a
wallpaper like that.. i would change it ASAP ^_^ This is again a very
nice image for a cd/dvd cover. Also the wallpapers i've seen so far
with this idea kinda let me thing of something old.. ancient.. not
something innovative and new (like fedora).

My suggestion would be to go for the neon theme.