[F10 theme proposal] Gears Round 1

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 4 12:38:54 UTC 2008

With a bit of impulse from Martin, here is the formal proposal for a F10
theme: Gears

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Gears

The focus of this theme is technology: technology advancement is one of
Fedora's main goals and gears are a classic metaphor for technology.
A secondary message of the theme is "the golden era of Fedora": we are
so confident in our distro that we think Fedora 10 is (will be) the
distro marking the start of the golden age of Linux (and, of course, the
best Fedora yet.

The current implementation uses a steampunk look and feel, it is a good
technology symbol, a large playing field for our imagination and also
something quite original for a Linux desktop (for for any desktop).