revised f9 wallpaper

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 7 04:32:03 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> That would be awesome! Give me maybe 45 minutes to clean it up and I'll
> send it here. One thing though, when working with this file you've gotta
> put it in outline mode otherwise the blurs will slow your machine to a
> halt. Also, I've been rendering the bitmaps on the command line, eg:
>
> inkscape --without-gui --export-png=0003b.png 0003.svg

Um, okay so that took way more than 45 minutes... sorry!!!! but I've
been playing with it a lot and think it's getting better. I added some
bubbles & sparkles and mucked with the ripples such that they match the
rest of the artwork a little better and look a little bit more natural.
Here's the mock so far:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f9wallpaper/sparkles-6_test.png

The source files (these will be changing as I play around):

- http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f9wallpaper/0008.svg  - this is the
main background without sparkles; this one you will not be able to work
with unless you go into view >outlines mode.

- http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f9wallpaper/sparkles-6.svg - this
is the bitmap output of the 0008.svg file on one layer with vector
sparkles, etc on top.