A wallpaper material or what..

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Apr 7 10:41:30 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>> I think this picture I took could be great addon to fedora's
>> wallpaper set..
>
> Too bad we don't have an infrastructure in place (a gallery or
> something) to allow people to easily submit their contributed
> wallpapers...
>
>> It actually goes very well with the nodoka theme..
>>
>> http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse.jpg
>>
>> So what the procedure add it to the wallpaper collection.
>> and needed/wanted resolutions..
>> ( 800x600, 1024x768,1600x1200,1440x900,1680x1050x 1920x1200,2560x1600 )
>
> Do we have a package like fedora-wallpapers-extra? Do we want such one?
> AFAIK, we don't have a written policy about including extra wallpapers.

Yep thats missing..
>> Here's a potential avatar material ( needs of course be resized )

I vote for one..

A contest maybe for each release.
Contester given certain theme to work with ( people, ocean,
animal,sky,waterfalls, etc ).
Even different category's.  Best photo shot ( unmodified, No tools
allowed to *better/clean the photo or enhance* ),
Best photo shot modified ( tools allowed to enhance or better the photo
). Best wallpaper created using opensource tools.. etc
Top 3 in each category would get included in the default package..
The rest in fedora-wallpapers-extra-contest-release (
fedora-wallpapers-contest-fc9 )

Oh and heres the link I apparently forgot to post..

http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse-avatar.jpg

Best regards.
                  Johann B.