A wallpaper material or what..

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Apr 7 12:16:48 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:28 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Frank Murphy wrote:
>>  Feedback: "What is it, a camel?"
>>

>> Regardless of your family members believed it was a horse
>> or a camel did they like it?
>> Did it bring up an smile?
>>

> No, Just Questions.

Not the response I was hoping for but a response never the less.

Hum.. maybe I just create an poster out of it
and bring the focusing on the tongue and what it represents by some text
underneath the picture..

>>> At the moment can't see is a a bg\avatar\icon
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>

>> Well it's not just a plain photo of a horse, but indeed nothing
>> spectacular,,
>> but then again a snowman missing his carrot and stones or these that
>> were submitted here
>> http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65 aren't that glamorous either...
>>

> Personal Opinion Here:
> It's not about being glamorous or not,
> it's about filling a twofold need.
>
> 1: It's a statement, "This is fedora"

How does 2 white balls aligned on top of each other, a snowman, a
keyhole, a pawn
or whatever the default avatar in gdm is suppose to be, say it's fedora
or what fedora represents.

With the whole avatar thing I feel we should pack bunch of user
contributed avatars, make a more fedora
specific one for the Default and Automatic login. And let users choose
avatar in firstboot.

Best regards
                  Johann B.