revised f9 wallpaper - workitems

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 7 15:33:13 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

So here is what has to be done to get this new wallpaper into rawhide &
the release candidate:

1 - integrate hi-res (2560x1920) render of background [1] with the
sparkles svg [2] so they are the same size and line up. Export this.

2 - from the integrated 2560x1920 bitmap, create the 4 time-of-day
colors. Do this *before* proceeding to the next step so you can get
feedback before finding out after going thru all the resolution
iterations that the coloring/shading was off. Thus far we've heard a few
complaints that the proposed daylight one is way too bright.

3 - from the integrated 2560x1920 bitmap, iterate through to create a
full set of background sizes, cropping from the bottom when necessary to
achieve a widescreen ratio. Here are the sizes I think we should target
(let me know what you think):

Normal Ratio:
- 2560x1600
- 1600x1200
- 1024x768
- 800x600

Widescreen Ratio:
- 1680x1050
- 1440x900
- 1280x800

(do these seem right?)

I'm going to start working on this tonight but if you've got some spare
time today and want to help out please feel free to get started on steps
#1 and #2. I'll be in #fedora-art on freenode and also on list of course
so we can sync up tonight.