Nodoka suggestions for Fedora 10

María Leandro tatadbb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:38:46 UTC 2008

I would love to see some more eyecandy in this next release of Fedora,
something more graphicall. i think either on version 6 or 7 we had something
like that.

What do you thing of something like this:

http://www.3d-fantasyart.net/fantasy/secret_valley.jpg

2008/4/8, Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 17:01 +0200, Mark wrote:
> > 2008/4/4, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>:
>
> > I'm getting very little responses here to improve my mockup.
> > is there just no interest for it? does fedora even want me to put time
> in this?
> >
> > So... i want to improve it further (assuming that's needed) so give
> > the mockup some critics so that i can improve it!
> >
> > the motivation to continue with this isn't really high.. i need
> > feedback on this one!
> > And if i post it to the devel list i probably only get notices again
> > that it belongs here (where not a lot of people reply).
> >

> There's a lot of conversation going on in the art list lately, and most
> of us is focusing on the F9 artwork, so it's natural that you've got not
> much of a feedback. Besides, it DOES matter what YOU'd like to do. It's
> not that we don't care, but sometimes it isn't easy to come up with
> specific critics (especially if it's "only" mockups).
>
> I'll make sure I won't forget this thread and reply to you in this
> matter fully when I think it through more deeply, but right now I am
> focusing on getting the nodoka gtk engine 0.7.0 release done in time, so
> please be a little more patient.
>
> The best I could suggest you though right now is this: make a wiki page
> dedicated to the Notify design, and make a single thread clearly stating
> that it's only about the notification-daemon design. You'll need to
> gather some info, how can we do that (meaning the real theme) and even
> if you would be not able to do it yourself, it would help us to put all
> the info on the wiki.
>
> As for the design itself: when the real code is being done, there is
> still a plenty of room for improvement based on the usage experience, so
> do not feel obliged to come up with an awesome design from the start.
>
> And once again, I plan to make some sketches, based on your design, as
> well and will comment on the notify design when I am done with them :)
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
>
> PS: And remember that most of us, like you, are doing these things in
> our spare time, so if there isn't enough of that, we do not reply much
> to the stuff, or to everything, what goes on here, so do not feel
> disappointed by the lack of as much critics as you might like ;-)

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.iseit.net