revised f9 wallpaper - workitems

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Apr 9 06:49:26 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:

> Also, if you haven't seen, ricky and I in #fedora-art were discussing
> the possibility of creating the SRPM for the wallpapers with just the
> SVGs and the spec file would direct rpmbuild to render the PNGs. It
> would be nice for those who would like to *easily* find the vector
> source and how exactly it was rendered in CVS. I spent last night
> creating the command line and GIMP script to create the different
> times of day and add the sparkles. I posted this link to #fedora-art.

It is possible to convert with GIMP from SVG to PNG in a scripted way
(command line)?
Is it acceptable to include Inkscape or GIMP in the build system? (they
will drag a lot of dependencies and Inkscape is not even "core").
ImageMagik is *not* acceptable as a solution (bad SVG support).

The easiest way to produce PNGs from SVGs in a scripted way is using
Inkscape: "inkscape --export-png=FILENAME --export-width=WIDTH"