gnome splash and screensaver lock dialog

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 14 12:52:43 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:

> any news here on those splashes?
> Current case is still that the F8 gnome splash is used in F9 and the
> lock dialog is still the plain ugly version. (tested on fully updated
> F9)

AFAIK, there is no news on that, the current status is like that:
- a few people in Art Team expressed their lack in interest in this
dialog if it is not used by default (or probably at least having a
non-obscure way to be enabled)
- people in the Desktop team are not interested in using a themed dialog
by default (some of the concerns involve usability)

With that being said, you can make an update version and post it to the
list, it would take something like a couple of minutes: grab the latest
wallpaper from Rawhide, resize it to fit the dialog, open the .glade
file (in Glade) and replace the background image. Save and post it here.

note: in the time I replied I could have made the dialog myself, but I
preferred not to, probably for the same reason as the other - as a
statement about the futility of having a dialog if we are not going to
use it.