gnome splash and screensaver lock dialog

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 15 06:40:43 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:

> sad that things so simple need to be done upstream while fedora
> patches away anything that might give them patent issues. lust look at
> normal codecs that work for everyone (mpeg, mp3 you name it).

In many cases, we don't need to patch anything or we can upstream the
patches where the functionality gets separated as plugins. This is the
case with gstreamer plugins as an example.

A longer explanation is available at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

Rahul

Ps: I still think that the themed dialog should be the default but that
is a different argument.