[Echo Icons] ToDo transferred to hosted, need to prioritize; call for help

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 18 14:53:25 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently finished updating and transferring the ToDo/Menus [1] list
> to fedorahosted [2]. My plans are that we decide on priorities [3] for
> the icons and those with highest priority would be blocker for next
> major release (0.4).
>
> Why I am writing this here is mostly because of these reasons:
> 1. To keep you informed what's happening
> 2. To gather comments/suggestions concerning the new page
> 3. So that you can help with decision about the priorities
>
> And now to the next what I have in mind. We'd like to target the Echo
> icons for the F10 release, but there is still a lot of work to be done,
> and currently there are only two people (me and Luya) actively working
> on them which is too little. With recent growth of the art team I though
> there might be people interested with helping, or might know about such
> people.

Indeed, he have a promising number of new contributors, are you guys
interested in icon development? It is a good opportunity for learning...

And it seems like a good opportunity for Echo, the team has matured
enough, he should know already how to handle the regular tasks and Echo
is already work in progress for quite some time (2 years?), maybe *now*
is the time to take a hard decision: use it or kill it.