[Echo] new computer icon draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:18:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 12:01 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just finished a draft of a reworked computer icon. I attach 48x48
> > PNG version, the rest is at my fedorapeople page [1].
> >
> > Comments welcome,
>
> The problems I had always had with that icon are still there:
>
> 1) the monitor looks like it needs V8; it looks like it's tipping over
> backwards
It's hard to get rid of this feeling in the isometric perspective. No
matter how you try it always ends up looking like strange (I believe
it's because human brain is not used to isometric perspective and
interprets it wrongly in these cases), unless you place the monitor
upwards (which I tried to avoid).

> 2) I have never seen, in real life, a monitor placed that way up against
> a computer tower

Yeah, I've seen such set-ups but they are really rare, alas the place is
finite and if we go with monitor PLUS computer tower there doesn't to be
any better way of placing those.

> ~m

Anyway, I'll try to poke with the design a little more tonight and see
what I can do about these two issues.