new waves wallpapers

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:53:37 UTC 2008

I've picked through the Makefile and some of the sources, and here's the
results of my efforts:

http://ivazquez.fedorapeople.org/files/waves-0.1.2.90.tar.bz2

Fixes:
- Parallelized (make -jX works)
- Generates smaller images based on a colormap, either generated or
supplied
- clean target added

Known issues:
- base.svg takes forever to process, so parallelization beyond 2 jobs is
mostly pointless
- Generated colormaps are *ugly* since they're evenly spread out
- A dozen individual GIMP scripts instead of a single one with variables
- No install target

What it needs, what it really, really needs, is for someone to create
decent colormaps. A colormap is just a PNG file with pixels of the
desired colors, placed in src/ and named colormap-$TIME.png, where $TIME
is one of morn, noon, evening, or night. Please, please feel free to
replace the included colormap-night.png with something nice.

A little pruning of base.svg would be handy too.