Poster revision

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 1 03:54:34 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:25 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>>   - a steamboat floating down a wide river towards a rising sun on the
>>> horizon (open spaces, sun coming up, flowing water can all symbolize
>>> great potential and/or freedom, I think)
>> The steamboat is fading into the sunset, just like a movie ending "this
>> is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
>
> And the steamboat is flying a Fedora flag.  In fact, all of the tableaux
> feature a Fedora logo somehow -- and that's the only occurrence of blue
> in any of the pictures.  The rest of each picture is all that steampunky
> sepia tone.

Here's a start using photomanip. Maybe photomanip isn't the way to go
though maybe a more comic-y style would be better. No Fedora flag yet
and needs some cleanup:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/four-freedoms-steampunk/steamboat.jpg

Source images:

Delta Queen by Velo Steve, CC-Attribution
http://flickr.com/photos/juniorvelo/482160982/

Early Light on the River by FreeWine, CC-Attribution
http://flickr.com/photos/freewine/2432647532/sizes/l/

Cracked Concrete by Mairin, CC-Attribution
http://flickr.com/photos/mairin/2609643770/sizes/o/in/set-72157605804091881/

The gimp XCF source is in the same directory...