[Echo] printer sketches

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Aug 4 09:23:14 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 11:17 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> He provides various versions, including an OGG Theora. Basically is
>> about using a single SVG sheet (like
>> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/images/blog/twitter.png) for keeping the
>> sources for all resolutions.
>> This way is easier to reuse gradients or other resources and to visually
>> compare the icons.
>>

> Ahh, that might be useful. Especially for the reuse of gradients. One of the
> cons I can think of now is that you cannot effectively use Inkscape's Icon
> Preview feature to check for not-so-obvious shortcomings. Also icon positioning
> on the resultant canvas is not obvious from it.

With the icon preview I think you are right, it would be probably cool
if Inkscape would change the UI a bit and show the icon preview for a
selection, group or certain area.

I don't think the positioning matters - he uses a template with some
rectangles standing for the variously sized canvases and all the
positioning is relative to those.

> Btw. I've played a little with the printer icon and came up with an
> enhancement for crispness ;-) Check the attachment.

This one is, IMO, much better.