How To?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Aug 4 15:11:00 UTC 2008

Vara Prasad Pepakayala wrote:
> Thanks for the support Nicu. Appending one more thing... I am a bit less
> informative regarding the linux packaging and cursor extensions.. can i
> post them in .ico or .png  formats and for animated one in .gif formats?

The best thing is to provide a png and if this is the case, a source
file too (.xcf if you worked in GIMP with additional features or SVG is
you worked with Inkscape).

For animation, do not use GIF because it stores images with indexed
colors (so no alpha transparency), destroying the antialiasing on edges.
Better provide multiple frames as individual PNG files.