Using photos rather than "art"

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 7 06:14:14 UTC 2008

Bob Peterson wrote:
> Here's another photo I took.  This one has nice blue Fedora-like
> colors and shows the top side of a jellyfish.  The symbol on the
> back of the jellyfish is pretty close to the Fedora infinity symbol;
> it could be morphed into one pretty easily by some creative soul
> with tools.  (This photo has not been doctored).  Caution: It is 1.5MB.
>
> http://www.robertpeterson.org/PICT0085.JPG

That's a nice one. And very "Fedora". And not hard to re-create with
vectors.

> It's not perfectly in focus, but I might be able to find others
> like it in my collection.  I realize the need to not be too
> "cluttered" in background photos.

We are past the first round for F10, when we were supposed to gather
concepts (and we have a lot of concepts submitted). Probably the best is
that an original concept to be submitted for F11 (when we'll get to that).

But, of course, that does not stop us talking about using photos versus
drawings, is an interesting talk and I would like to hear more opinions
about that.