Wallpaper Extras

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 11:41:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 16:40 +0530, Vara Prasad Pepakayala wrote:
> Thank you very much friends.... I've done it... i'll upload all my
> pictures.. and I have shot those pictures myself, so I suppose there
> is no need for any licenses. am I correct?

Seems like you forgot to save the page (the image is uploaded correctly,
though the name would be better off if it contained the wallpaper-
prefix, but it is not displayed in the wiki page)? As for the license -
it is for you, as the author, to decide what can others do with your
work (can they use it? can they modify it?...) Unless you state
explicitly the rights you reserved for your work (either by writing them
down or selecting a licence that satisfy your needs/wants) it can be
considered Public Domain, which basically means that whoever can do
whatever he wants with your work (of course, with the exception of
deletion). In the art team we tend to use the CC-BY-SA licence as it
gives permission to others to re-use or modify your work as long as they
give you proper "credits" :-)

Martin

PS: it's a good practise in mailing lists to quote the message part
needed for apprehension of your reply *above* the reply itself, as it
helps other to better follow the conversation ;-) Desktop mail clients
(I am using Evolution) usually lets you select if you want to quote the
original message above or bellow the reply somewhere in the Preferences.
Dunno about web-based mail clients.