[F10 themes: round 2] Gears: lot of gears

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:02:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 19:08 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >
> > Here's my try that I showed you in IRC today. It's very blue :) It seems
> > more cyberpunk than steampunk. I may try a different approach to give it
> > a more steampunk feel.
> >
> > http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/gears-blueswirl.png
>
> Which I think is a very cool looking image, I like it very much. And of
> course I am curious to learn about your ideas about a more steampunk feel.
>
> We may have a winner here.

It does look pretty cool.  I tried it on my desktop and have a couple
observations, although I'm concerned these fall into "eye of the
beholder" category.  Please take with a grain (or 1000) of salt.

* The blue's a bit intense or saturated for a background, maybe a bit
too much toward the violet -- although I *do* like the idea of varying
the shade of blue, in the way that F8 was more aqua, and F9 is more
indigo.
* The multitude of gears is AWESOME.  It might be nice to make them a
bit more faded and subtle, but I wonder if that might lose detail to a
point of losing the theme.

Anyway, just my observations, I'm in awe as always. :-)

--
Paul W. Frields