[F10 themes: round 2] Gears: lot of gears

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:36:43 UTC 2008

[21:34] <tw2113> lightbulb!
[21:35] <tw2113> if we're going for the feel of inside some machine for
the gears proposal
[21:35] <tw2113> we should have a rather direct light source that
changes color as the day goes by
[21:36] <tw2113> not everything in the area would get to change color,
just the parts in the way of the light source

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 05:37:05PM -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1ir=EDn_Duffy_ wrote:
>
>> http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/mairinduffy/gears-blueswirl_steampunk_screened.png
>>

> Excellent, although I am *not* a fan of the gold gears. All blue for the
> desktop at least, maybe with different gradients depending on the time
> of day, but it should all be smooth.
>

>> Maybe they could be made more sparse for the desktop but dense for the
>> banners/splashes for the rest of the artwork set?
>>

> Definitely.
>
> I don't want to come off as not doing anything with this theme, and just
> saying what I think without any contribution back. As I did last
> release, I can probably help out in rendering all the different
> wallpaper sizes from the scratch SVGs -- maybe we can do it early enough
> where we can produce a standard Makefile of some sort and build it on
> Koji, have the SVGs in the SRPM. (I'm getting technical now.)

~Michael
http://michaelbox.net