packaging alternative themes?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Aug 18 06:52:20 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> Is it plausible to package additional themes for Fedora, such as from
> gnome-look.org and the KDE and XFCE(?) equivalents, as long as they have
> proper licensing?

Sure, I see not problem with that.

> If so, should we get with spot and see if we need separate guidelines
> for them?

Why do we would need separate guidelines? A new icon theme would be
packaged (I think) in the same way as Echo (which is not yet a default).
That the upstream is fedorahosted or an external place, this should not
make a difference. The same for GTK+ themes and such.