help with feature process diagram

ryan lerch ryanlerch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 06:13:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>wrote:

> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>  Let me make a suggestion, though, which you guys could collaborate on --
>> can we get a sort of SVG "collection" template for these diagrams, which
>> also includes ?  Then people could use that to construct their own
>> diagrams, and know they'd end up with something with a Fedora look and
>> feel.
>>

> I would see it like a collection of clipart images: various diagram
> elements (stars, clouds, rectangles, ellipses, etc.), arrows and so, maybe a
> background texture so a new diagram could be made only with drag and drop.

the main issue i have with diagrams in inkscape is the poor connectors
support. Connectors exist, but they don't work very well at all...

the 'user' of the template will have to use the align & distribute dialog a
lot to get arrows and to line up.

but that said, a generic template of assets for fedora diagrams would be a
great, er asset. :)

cheers,
ryanlerch