Learning Inkscape

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 6 15:14:24 UTC 2008

Ashok Gautham wrote:
> I am looking for a tutorial on using Inkscape. I read that pencil icon
> tutorial by http://www.starfishwebconsulting.co.uk/pencil_icon

Ryan is keeping a very good blog where he collect a lot of useful
tutorials form around the web: http://inkscapetutorials.wordpress.com/

Also there is a very good collection of screencasts:
http://screencasters.heathenx.org/

> But I want a more comprehensive reference book kinda tutorial. I created

The most comprehensive book about Inkscape (available online) is written
by Tavmjong Bah: http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/index.php

> a dictionary for the echo icon theme, but I did not dare post it.. It
> sucked...
> 2 thinned cuboids for the 2 covers. I was unable to resize it to a size
> I wanted. And a bezier curve kinda curved faces rectangle for the pages.
> I would have done better If I had known how to round the edges etc.

I think you can get some answers here on list for punctual questions,
for example to round the corners the rectangle tool has a selector in
the upper toolbar.

Also, Inkscape had an useful mailing list for users:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=inkscape-user
and there is an external forum: http://www.inkscapeforum.com/