R: Re: Using photos rather than "art"

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 7 09:32:12 UTC 2008

Samuele Storari wrote:
> I really think that the bottom isn't a Blue Beatyfull Subject, but THE Right "Blue Beatyfull Subject".

What we need is, IMO, a good metaphor.

> This time we have to work with a difficult name to face, we can ignore it, but I really don't think this will be the right way.

Do you think "Cambridge" as a name is more difficult than "Sulphur"?

> But maybe this time we can use a photo, it would be something different, changing - mixing is always good ;)

We tried something and the reactions were not very positive:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-July/msg00313.html

> Just a question, I comes back from Holiday just a few days ago... what about all the purposes for F10? With "cambridge" what we will do?

I think the best thing we can do is to try to integrate "Cambridge" in
one of the existing proposals. No harm if we do not succeed and the
final graphics are not using the code name.