Using photos rather than "art"

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:59:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 02:50 +0200, Hylke Bons wrote:
> The air balloons in one of the earlier releases were very nice.

I agree, but as a corollary, the amount of detail and color made it less
usable as a background.  Icons and text tended to get lost in the
detailed areas.  The effect was worse on people whose eyesight isn't
perfect, or on laptop screens that aren't superbright.

That being said, I liked the picture itself just as a thing of beauty.
But I am a HUGE fan of the newer background for Fedora 9, which, while
abstract, is just really attractive.

--
Paul W. Frields