[F10 themes: round 2] Gears: lot of gears

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 13 21:37:05 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 02:17:36PM -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1ir=EDn_Duffy_ wrote:
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/gears-blueswirl-normal2.png
>>
>> Re: the colors - they should be easy enough to adjust. This monitor I
>> have at work, I think the colors are a bit off so I may need to adjust
>> when I get home where I think my laptop lcd surprisingly has better
>> colors.
>>
> I think the colors are a bit dark for Fedora. Something with a more
> Nodoka-default-blue feel would be much nicer IMHO. Of course, we can
> play with this with time-changing wallpapers and whatnot.

Yeh if the darkness is an issue this is pretty easy to address:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/mairinduffy/gears-blueswirl_steampunk_screened.png

> It also seems like there's too many gears and the desktop, as a whole,
> is distracting.

Maybe they could be made more sparse for the desktop but dense for the
banners/splashes for the rest of the artwork set?

Or maybe we could have another focus besides just gear cogs?