Intro

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 14 12:38:28 UTC 2008

fisix wrote:
> Hi im 23 and i have bee using fedora for some time and i thought it was
> about time i put something back into the project.

Hi,

> Im here to learn and develop my skills.
> My area is Abstract art and photography ,ive got a page here
> http://www.fisix.deviantart.com but this page does not contain any of my
> most recent work.

As you probably know, our desktop graphics tend to be abstract. And we
recently started a gallery for additional photographic wallpapers:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras

> Attached is a wallpaper i knocked up just for this into and seems
> appropriate for this occasion.

This is an interesting concept and I can see how it can be turned into a
Fedora-related metaphor.

However, there are a couple of things about it: first, we try to *not*
include the logo in wallpapers, keep them very light on branding to
encourage reuse. And the second thing is also logo related: it you used
it anyway, try to integrate it in the image, such a big white
contrasting rectangle is not good for usability: it will attract the
viewer's attention (a good wallpaper don't do this).

> Look forward to working with you all

Welcome!