R: Re: Solar Round 2 updates

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 20:20:38 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Enough, in fact, that we should consider:
>   (1) holding a runner-up for Fedora 11 to use then, and/or
>   (2) packaging one or more of these as alternates for Fedora 10, like a
> "10th release ultra-mega-party pack theme extravaganza!" ;-)

Seriously, I hope you didn't read my message as being overly negative
Samuele! It's extremely impressive work you're doing.

I think that if we end up with more than one theme that makes it to
round three, that we should hold a Fedora community vote similar to how
we choose the release name (the Board could maybe be given some veto
power in exceptional circumstances to pre-whittle down the choices as in
the release name suggestion process but none of the artwork we've got
thus far I think would require that.)

Do you think setting up such a vote would be possible, Paul? We'll know
which ones make it to round three by September 1 so we'd want to vote as
soon as possible after that.

Any runner-ups should be packaged and available. I understand the way
theming works this may be difficult, but at the very least we should be
able to ship the runner-up wallpapers in base Fedora so they'll always
available for selection in the backgrounds capplet.