Echo for F10? [was: Re: [Echo] One Canvas workflow + making commits easier]

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:51:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 01:27 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> So let's get both artwork and desktop team decide by consensus to
> include echo-icon-theme as default iconset for Fedora 10.
> It is used not only on fedora project wiki but alsoo smolt, transifex
> and fedora-fr.org. It will be an opportunity to get feedback.
>
> Luya

Just for information, nodoka-notification-theme wasn't accepted by Fesco
as feature, even though they seem to be OK with the change (so we
changed it recently). It seems like artwork things are preferred to be
decided by the Art Team rather than Fesco. I have a feeling it might be
same for Echo. In this case I personally think Echo should be put on
evaluation by Art Team and Desktop Team. If both agree it's ready for
default we can roll it in ;-)

The thing is, we haven't decided what we expect from default icon theme.
How big the coverage needs to be, what needs to be covered, ...

We can also enable it in Rawhide and see the reaction. If it's not
favourable we can stay with Mist once again.