Echo for F10? [was: Re: [Echo] One Canvas workflow + making commits easier]

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:07:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 13:07 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Yes, but, from a marketing POV, if we list it as a "feature" it will be
> picked by more news source and help building the excitement around the
> new release.

Definitely. Would it make sense then to have Art Features, separate from
the Fesco ones? They seem to give us quite a free hand in decisions
about art and since we'd like to market Art as well, having some kind of
features might help.

> So we crosspost this to the Desktop list or just hope mclasen will
> notice the thread?

I am subscribed to Desktop list, dunno about others... I'd just create
new thread that would be sent both to art-list and desktop-list which
would ask for evaluation by both teams.

> > The thing is, we haven't decided what we expect from default icon theme.
> > How big the coverage needs to be, what needs to be covered, ...
>
> Thus my initial question if we feel comfortable about proposing it.

Yeah, I share that feeling (i.e. I am not sure whether to propose it or
not). Sorting that kind of thing in this thread does not feel right
though (after all we already hijacked the original thread)... Also it
would be good to have desktop team opinion on this as well.