T-shirt logo design tool

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 5 15:51:36 UTC 2008

Charlie Brej wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:

>>> Wow, that's pretty cool!  Any idea whether this would reproduce
>>> faithfully at the T-shirt printer?
>>
>> I guess some of the smallest fonts are to small, not sure about the
>> print, but they will be impossible to read. Maybe adding a stroke will
>> help with this too.
>>

> Yeah, I accidentally reduced all fonts by 1 which effects the small
> fonts the most. (now fixed)
> I also just one of just the fedora logo
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/try4.png /
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/try4.svg

Wow this is beautiful!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions for the list of tags that we use? One
idea we had in #fedora-art yesterday was to use the tags to not only
give the basic info (january 2009, fudcon, boston, etc) but to relate
the host city to the four f's of fedora...

freedom (could be used for historical or current freedom-related events):
   boston freedom trail, boston tea party, paul revere's ride ... ?

features (could be used for landmarks or cultural points of interest):
   big dig, zakim bridge, prudential center, museum of fine arts ... ?

friends (famous people in the city or maybe from the city area?):
   mayor thomas menino, governor deval patrick, sen. edward kennedy,
john f. kennedy ... ?

first (things the city was first at, things that were invented there, etc):
   first public library in the US, fire truck invented, small pox
vaccine invented, spring bed invented, truss-type bridge invented,
stereoscopic x-rays invented ... ?

What do you think of this idea?