Leaflet design. Suggestion please.

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Dec 16 13:03:50 UTC 2008

susmit shannigrahi wrote:
>> Why did you made the metallic base brown/golden? It is grey in the splash:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/f10launch.png
>
> I did both, and the second one looked a bit more glossy.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Leaflet.png
> and
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Leaflet1.png

But the other looks more consistent with our website, I think
consistency is a plus.

>> Don't you think the screenshots are too blurry (small resolution) to be
>> printed like this?
>
> Yes, they are.
> I am replacing them.
> Is a high resolution version of this picture is available somewhere?
> http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/f10launch.png

Unfortunately the source is a SVG with embedded bitmaps, so it will be a
bit of help but not very much, you will have to add new screenshots and
maybe a new texture:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora10-0day-banner.svg

>> And I believe you have here the front and back page, the copyright
>> disclaimer looks like the last page.
>
> Yes, you are right....my fault that I didn't mention the last page.
>
>> An finally, I think you can use an image with sharp, not rounded corners.
>
> Ok. Will remove the rounded corners.

The bad news is that the metal texture embedded in the SVG above has the
corners rounded.