FUDcon 2009 - Promo1

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 18 13:12:19 UTC 2008

I really like this song, so I'll contact the guy that make this game (btw...
it/s awesome)

I've been working on educational games using renpy as a tool for a while
now. It's really easy to code and you can have some amazing visual effects.
Players can interact and some other col stuff...

Talking about the video, I make some changes taking the comments this is
kind of the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od8Utt6anLw

I see that one thread was open, talking about make some "video collage" of a
lot of people saying "I'm fedora or I use fedora" in different languages. I
think we can use part of this video as an introduction and also use the
white logo (with the original colors) in the top right hand corner of the
"people collage".

2008/12/18 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>

> María Leandro wrote:
>

>> The second one; I took the song of the soundtrack of Gakuen Redux OST[0],
>> this is a game made with renpy [1]. Inside the game is the full
>>

> Wow! First time when I learn about renpy, it looks interesting (but I have
> not managed to start Gaken Redux on my machine).
>
>  soundtrack and the "about" file doesn't seems to have any restrictions.
>>

> It does not work this way but exactly the opposite: when nothing is said,
> you assume full copyright, the copyright kicks in automatically. Something
> is Free only if that is said explicitly.
>
> Also, on the renpy website they say it can be used for both Free and
> non-free games.
>
>  I'm cheking the url of the game and I only see the .exe of it, I'll
>> contact the guy that made it and ask him if we can use his sound officially
>> for the clip.
>>

> This is the best thing to do, I see OGG files in the DATA directory, but
> they lack metadata.
>
>  [0] http://www.renai.us/game/gredux.shtml
>> [1] http://www.renpy.org/
>>

> --