T-shirt logo design tool

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Dec 5 13:27:11 UTC 2008

Charlie Brej wrote:
> I wrote a little tool to create these "word splat" things with the idea
> of using the generated images as the Fudcon t-shirt designs.
>
> Example:
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/try3.png
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/try3.svg

This is cool

> Currently it uses the words: Fudcon fedora freedom friends features
> first January 2009 MIT Massachusetts USA Boston

OK, I figured the list of words is available in the makefile

> Would be good to have more words because sometimes there are patches of
> the same word multiple times which looks clumsy.
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> If you would like to have a go yourself then the code is here:
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/wordlogo.tar.gz
>
> Run "make" to make it run. It generates a test.svg as an output.

I believe input.xpm is the bitmap used to generate the overall shape,
why I can't open it in either eog or GIMP? I tried to replace it with
something else made with GIMP and the resulting SVG is the same.

Also, I think it would be useful to ass a 2 or 3px stroke to the
letters, so they have the same thickness as the wordmark.