Extension? (was Re: Withdrawal of Fedora Theme contest)

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Tue Feb 5 09:28:16 UTC 2008

Quoting Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:

> Hi folks,
>
> Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > Due to a busy schedule from graphic design classes, I regret to announce
> the
> > withdrawal of the contest thus giving more rooms for other contestants.
>
> I am wondering if a week extension would be useful for folks who are
> still busily working on round 2? (I know it would be a big help to me :)
> ) We did this for the F8 theme too and saw good results from the
> extension. What do folks think?
>
> ~m

That may help given the late release of Fedora 9 Alpha although I cannot
warranty the deadline from myself. Because Wave theme seems to be preferred by
far, you will see why other draft themes feel abandoned thus the makers gave
up. My fear was I won't be able to make on time considering this week
priorities.  Should round 2 be extended, I may reconsider my decision to
withdraw otherwise, it is up to the leader.
--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor